Sunday 5 August 2012

Home, sweet home?

Dear reader,

that's it now: I've got my own flat. The contract is signed, I've got the keys. The moving can begin.

At the moment there's no happiness yet. Too much to organise for now.

But I will buy a rocking chair soon. I wanted that when I get my own flat and now I have it.

And something else I'll get, too: a Charlie McCarthy. Sadly most of those which are sold on eBay are with a string to pull on the neck to open and close the mouth. The easy version. I at least would like the next version. That's like all professional figures of that kind with a stick to control the moving head, which goes to the back and is controlled there with just one hand. With the string you pull on the string with one hand and hold the figure with the other hand to keep it from falling from the pulling. I don't remember the seller right now, but there is one on eBay, who sells another kind of figures, too. Those are with headstick, and also control to move the eyes of the figure from left to right and with wig for hair. I hope I get one of the second version or maybe I can talk to the seller to get me a mix of the 2nd and 3rd. Because Edgar Bergen's Charlie McCarthy didn't have moving eyes and the hair with the seller is dark brown. What it should be is red. I don't care about the moving eyes or not. But I insist on the red hair - or no hair at all, like with most figures which are sold for play for kids and such. With those the hair is made out of the same material like the rest of the head. So it's version 2. Would be fine with me for my first real figure. Although hair would be nice. Wait and see what the seller has to say. For now I would need my laptop back to begin with!

Until next blog,

sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment