Monday 5 November 2012

Ventriloquial comeback

Dear reader,

I went back to work again on thursday a while back. Gaston stayed home. But the two therapy puppets Lucy and Fritzchen were still back at work, of course. When most of our guests (that's how we call those we take care of) were gone, I took Fritzchen actually. One man and his wife were still with us. The woman was excited how well I worked Fritzchen. She said to me, "How do you do that? All with hand manipulation?" Fritzchen shook his head very much. "No, no, no", he said. "Face manipulation!" At the end, before the two went, Fritzchen stuck out his tongue at the woman. Before that, when we were talking, she had asked, if he could do it once again and done that several times as we talked. So it seemed like a good way to end the day.

Yesterday night I bought me Charlie McCarthy. If any one of you would like to check him out, type the number 370676756284 on eBay. Even sales that have ended show up that way. At least for a little while. He's looking good, although he's used. On his right eyebrow he has a mark. But who knows how that looks like for real. 145 $ are quite expensive, but for a real vent figure like Charlie that's really cheap, especially since it's shipping included and he will be imported from america.

I like soft figures like Gaston and the therapy puppets, because you have your hand in their head and with the soft material, you can make more with the face. On the other hand I'm very happy not to finally have Charlie McCarthy here soon and with that really one of the classic vent figures of all, not just from the way it is made, a hard figure with headstick, but also because even among the famous figures, well it's Charlie McCarthy, Edgar Bergen's main figure! Yay!

Yay? I will have to buy children's clothings and don't even know where there are shops for that here. Maybe the women at work can sew him some clothings. I'm sure they'll be happy to do that. At the risk of sounding totally stupid and silly: I feel a little bit like someone, who's getting a child and has to prepare for it. Charlie won't stay in my bed though! Since he's a hard figure this may not be that fitting. Gaston is more of a cuddly toy and okay. Although Charlie will be somewhat like a child, he won't be screaming in the middle of the night asking for food or something to drink and I'd have to fix some for him. I won't need to change his pants either. But buying clothings! Horror! The one question I can't avoid any longer: how to test the clothings on Charlie? I can hardly take a "doll" into the changing room. But I also don't want for everyone to see how I take off cloths of Charlie to see how new ones look on him?! What did I do buying a figure on eBay?! Man!!!

Until next blog,

sarah

1 comment: