Sunday 12 May 2013

Cracks In My Laptop

Dear reader,

we live in a short-dated world in which technology of 3 years old is old if not outdated. My not quite 3 years old laptop, which was in repair last year, is broken again. Even one or two weeks I had it back from repair, the top with the screen started to go apart somewhat. But I didn't want to send the laptop back for repair for another 4 weeks again, after it had been there - among other things because the top screen parts were going apart a bit, by the way!!! This weekend I'm at my dad's and I asked him to glue the top. He suggested that to me earlier and on Friday the situation was so scary for me that I, still at my place, saved all the data I could think of that I needed and only then did I go to my dad. He glued the top... and it didn't stick. Instead there were even more cracks.

My last blog entry is from end of April. I spent that time, among other things, watching episodes of the series Doctor Who. The episodes from 2005 on, by the way. Derren Brown had David Tennant, the tenth Doctor, in the second season of his series "Trick or Treat". That got me interested in him. He played the Doctor from 2005 to 2010. Matt Smith then took over from season 5 on. One of the main topics there is the crack in the wall of the room of the girl Amelia Pond. What's a sign of having watched too many episodes of Doctor Who? When you start drawing parallels and seeing them in your own life...

Unlike Amy I don't have a Doctor to help me and repair my crack or cracks. So today I ordered a new laptop at amazon and will go back to my place without this laptop here. I don't even dare closing the top anymore. amazon is usually fast sending things. The date they set was Tuesday toTthursday. And what will I be doing in this time? What did we do all the years before laptops existed, before the internet existed???!!! I know, what I'll do. I'll plant my aloe vera sprouts and maybe dare cutting some of my cacti to grow new ones out of them, too.

Until next blog,

sarah

1 comment:

  1. just watch out if you have an extra door upstairs :P

    ReplyDelete