Friday 17 April 2015

More pain control

Dear reader,

probably because of my pollen allergy I had a headache the other day. It wasn't one with piercing pain like I sometimes have. I already described how I deal with that sort of pain in another post. But the other day I had the image of a room in my head where sand was on the ground. A larger area, but flat, not pain from for example a pyramid with its four (or five) peaks. You'd clean out a room with sand with a broom. So I imagined exactly that. Indeed it helped and my headache went away just like that.

I saw another method quite by accident while watching the mini-series “Wolf Hall”. A boy was at the blacksmith workshop of his father and cut himself. The father said, the boy should hold his hands like this, and the father showed him how. The palms of your hands facing towards you you cross your underarms. Then the boy should keep the arms like that and put them under water. The crossing the arms would confuse the mind. An interesting method, I find. I'll definitely use it some time.

Until next blog,
sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment